Director of the School of Communication Studies
Ph.D. (Communication and Culture - Rhetoric and Public Culture), Indiana University; M.A. (Communication - Rhetoric Studies), Northern Illinois University; B.A. (Political Science - International Relations), Northern Illinois University
Ohio University Athens, OH
· Director and Associate Professor, School of Communication Studies 2013-Present
Bowling Green State University Bowling Green, OH
· Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Communication 2011-2013
[Tenure awarded May, 2011]
· Assistant Professor, Department of Communication 2006-2011
· Affiliate Faculty, American Culture Studies 2006-2013
· Associate Director, School of Media and Communication 2008-2010
Indiana University Bloomington, IN
· Editorial Assistant, Communication and Critical/Cultural Studies 2004-2006
· Associate Instructor, Department of Communication and Culture 2002-2004
College of Lake County Grayslake, IL
· Instructor, Communication Arts 1998-2002
[Tenure awarded Spring, 2000]
· Director of Forensics 1998-2002
· Co-Coordinator, Honors Program 2000-2002
Northern Illinois University DeKalb, IL
· Graduate Assistant, Department of Communication 1994-1996
· Director, School of Communication Studies, 2013-present.
Bowling Green State University
· Chair, Department of Communication, 2011-2013.
· Member of Intercollegiate Athletics Advisory Committee, 2011-present.
· Member of American Culture Studies Ph.D. Advisory Committee, 2012-present.
· Member of Media and Communication Master Planning Committee, 2012-present.
· Coordinator for the development of an inter-departmental minor in communication, media, and sport, 2010-2012.
· Member of School of Media and Communication Graduate Program Committee, 2010-2011.
· Chair of Department of Communication Scholarship and Awards Committee, 2011.
· Leader of School of Media and Communication graduate program workshop on use of Chicago Manual of Style, 2011.
· Interviewer for Graduate Women’s Caucus Mock Interview Workshop, 2011.
· Participant in School of Media and Communication graduate program job search workshop, 2010.
· Associate Director for School of Media and Communication: duties included management of daily academic calendar, supervision of semester course scheduling in three departments and graduate program, service as Acting Director during absence of Director, ex officio participation on numerous committees, including Director’s Advisory Committee, Graduate Program Committee, Undergraduate Program Committee, and Merit Committee, and other duties as assigned by Director, 2008-2010.
· Member of Department of Communication Scholarship and Awards Committee, 2009.
· Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Department of Communication (included service on Undergraduate Program Committee), 2007-2008.
· Coordinated Rhetoric Reading Group, 2007-2008.
· Grievance Officer, Department of Communication, 2007-2008.
· Chair of the School of Media and Communication Undergraduate Program Committee, 2006-2007.
· Member of College of Arts and Science Curriculum Committee, 2006-2007.
· Member of Communication Week Committee, 2006-2007.
· Member of Search Committee for Forensics Director, 2006-2007.
· Member of Instructor Search Committee, 2007, 2008, 2010.
· Served as graduate student representative to the faculty in the Department of Communication and Culture, 2003-2005.
· Served as editorial intern for journal, Communication and Critical/Cultural Studies, 2003-2004.
· Designed and maintained Business and Professional Communication website, 2003-2004.
· Maintained Public Speaking course web site, 2002-2003.
College of Lake County
· Chair of Honors Advisory Committee, 2000-2002.
· Chair of Search Committee for Speech Instructor/Director of Forensics, 2002.
· Member of Search Committee for Math Instructor, 2002.
· Member of Search Committee for Instructional Developer, 2000.
· Member of Teaching and Learning Advisory Committee, 1999-2002.
· Member of Communication Arts Technology Committee, 1998-1999.
· Developed new undergraduate seminar in Political Communication, 1999-2000.
· Participated in faculty panel in response to 2000 Presidential election, 2000.